Monday, October 19, 2009

Out of the Ordinary

We've been here in Annapolis since September 1st to start a new church and I have loved living here. Of all the places I've lived in my life, which hasn't been many (Louisville, KY, Bowling Green, KY, Chantilly, VA) I love living in Annapolis most. I love living here because so far I have been shown more hospitality that I ever have been in my life. Last night our neighbors came over and brought some dessert to share with us that is native to their country India. They have also given us lawn furniture and cupcakes that were left over from their sons birthday. Our other neighbor has invited me and Savannah to a play group and to participate in a neighborhood yard sale. And yet another neighbor let Josh borrow his drill and bit after Josh walked up and introduced himself. It's been nothing but really friendly people! I think what's different about Annapolis is that if feels more like a small town community and I think that God has us in the right neighborhood of people who live out community well. I thought this morning that my neighbors have shown us more hospitality than I've shown them. How can I do more to show to show them that Jesus is real through the way I live? I want to do more that is completely out of the ordinary! My problem is that I feel totally uncreative about how to do that. I would love to hear some of your ideas about how you showed hospitality to your neighbors and maybe it will jump start some fresh ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment